Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amazing Girl!

*I finally have my new computer, so I am able to update my blog more often now! Yay!*

Caelyn is such an amazing little girl. Her smile melts my heart everyday.

We went to the geneticist on Tuesday. She just got our family history and examined Caelyn to see which characteristics of 22q11 deletion syndrome (also known as DiGeorge Syndrome, Velo-Cardio Facial Syndrome (VCFS), and other names) she has. Caelyn has the facial features (prominent bridge of the nose, round nose tip, upper ears are folded, small head, ears stick out), some developmental delays, and she has a knot in front of her uvula which causes soft palate problems. That would be our answer as to why Caelyn has feeding issues. The doctor is referring us to an ENT for the soft palate problem.

Caelyn had her evaluation for physical therapy today. The therapist was very impressed! She said she is only about a month behind developmentally. Her fine motor skills are great, but she has a weak upper body due to the muscles and bone being separated when she had her open heart surgery. So because of that, she cannot pull up, crawl, or sit up from lying down.  I am so amazed by my little girl. She just keeps on showing us that nothing can hold her back.

We go to the cardiologist next week to check up on her heart! Pray that things look good! :)

Enough of the medical stuff! Haha! Caelyn went trick or treating on Halloween. We went with my older sister and her two little girls. Caelyn got lots of candy that she shared with Mommy and Daddy! ;P  She was definitely the cutest little giraffe I have ever seen.





Caelyn's great grandma (Memaw) passed away October 12. She loved Caelyn so very much. Everytime we went to visit Memaw she would just light up and get the biggest smile on her face. It makes me sad that Caelyn wont get to know her Memaw, but I'm sure she is watching down on Caelyn from up above.

   This is Caelyn visiting Memaw a few days before she passed away.

And here are some more adorable pictures of my gorgeous girl. :)  Enjoy!

                  Look at my big girl holding her own bottle!!!


                          Helping Daddy with the laundry.


           Nothing better than playing in a pile of newspaper!!


                              Looking pretty at Memaw's funeral.


                                  Sweet girl!


   
                         Look at that gorgeous smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment